Monday 5 May 2014

Why 'Water's Edge" ?

The title of a thriller is very important as it is one of the first things that the audience use to judge whether or not they want to see your movie. I initially thought "Lake Sang", but that was a bit cheesey. I then thought to myself that if I was to make this film with Hollywood Blockbuster kind of money, I would name it after the lake where the murder takes place. However, my lake was called Ruislip Lido Family Park, which doesn't really scream thriller at you! The inspiration for the thriller title actually came whilst scouting for locations. When I went in person to check out Ruislip Lido, I realised the location would be perfect to film. After a long day's scouting I was hungry, so I went to grab a bite to eat at the restaurant. Below is that very restaurant.





The name of the place was WATER'S EDGE. The name immediately sounded like a possible title for a thriller and upon asking people what they thought of the name, I decided to use it. The word "Edge" has dark connotations and of course water is a lynchpin in my murderer's modus operandi so the name seemed to work on several levels.









No comments:

Post a Comment