Saturday 3 May 2014

Time Lapse Fix







This is the time lapse, the final product that will be used in my Thriller video. 



MAJOR COMPLICATIONS
Due to the fact that I had to film through glass due to security restrictions at The View from the Shard, it was almost inevitable that there would be glare and reflection of those inside. The top left corner of my shot showed people walking inside the viewing area. However, with a bit of editing prowess I was able to resolve what would have been three hours of wasted footage. 


How I resolved the issue?
The top right corner of the shot was fine, in fact the skyline colours captured were beautiful in the top right corner. I created a duplicate of the shot and applied the flop effect, which essentially mirrors the shot. I then cropped it so that only the sky was being mirrored and not the city, otherwise I'd have a very weird looking city. This duplicate was being overlaid on the original. I then feathered the edges   so that it one couldn't see the line where the skyline met the city. What resulted was a beautifully majestic symmetrical sky with no reflection in the top left corner. What was a little challenging was adjusting the crop and feathering so that it would match perfectly and blend in with the original in the background. 


No comments:

Post a Comment