Wednesday 7 May 2014

Preliminary



This video was made at the beginning of the year and I wanted to experiment with it. I filmed a simple conversation and focused on continuity, match-on-action shots, a conversation and  basic framing.


Framing
I wanted to practice using the 'rule of thirds' whilst filming- something that I will potentially use in my thriller opening.











Match-On-Action Shots
 Match on action is a very simple but essential tenchique, where the perspective of the camera changes during a scene and the scene continues to flow. It is integral to the overall continuity of a film. Which is why I practiced in my preliminary. 













Conversation using 180 Rule

















What I learnt? 
I learned that continuity is integral to the overall quality of a finished product. It's what makes something look amateur if executed poorly. That is why this preliminary task was very important. Also, match on action shots help the audience stay engaged with a piece, as it helps the final product flow more. It ensures a certain level of fluidity, which is why practice is so important.

No comments:

Post a Comment