Monday 5 May 2014

Filming Locations

When scouting locations for my thriller video, I adopted the same method as in my preliminary. I used Google Maps and Street View and pictures of train stations on Google images to decide what station would be best to use. The hardest thing to find was a lake or river or reservoir to film by, because my narrative required a murderer to dump a body in water. I looked at satellite imagery of Harrow and surrounding areas to find the nearest reservoir and this is what I found:




This is what I saw. I started zooming in on the various masses of water and did a little research on them. I eventually agreed that Ruislip Lido would be the ideal place.

As you can see, Ruislip Lido is home to a huge man made reservoir and is surrounded by acres and acres of forestry making the location ideal for the shoot. It would be quiet, eerie and the place that one might actually go to dump a body.










I also knew some of the places I wanted to film, like Canary Wharf station. However, what I did not know was where to film in Canary Wharf station. So I used Google and had a look at the images that came up when you googled 'canary wharf station' to see if there was anything iconic about it, whether there was a specific part of it that really screamed CANARY WHARF! This is what the google search returned;


One picture that came up several times as you can see was the dome like structure with the giant escalators. It was for this reason that I decided to include the shot below in my thriller.





No comments:

Post a Comment