Sunday 4 May 2014

Film Rating - BBFC

THIS IS FROM THE BRITISH BOARD OF FILM CLASSIFICATION


My thriller contains "moderate violence" and there isn't a strong emphasis on any of the injuries or blood. The underwater shot of my victim is perhaps the most disturbing thing in it, but contextually it is justified. It follows a struggle and is very brief. I wanted to make my thriller a 12A because films are also made for profit. Having a rating of 12A makes my film more accessible to the majority of cinema users which in theory should result in a greater box office revenue. Also, I have positioned my audience to look down upon my main protagonist so anything he does or appears to be influenced by will be dismissed or looked down upon by viewers. 





This shows that the almost 48% of the UK Cinema audience are aged 7-24, making 'young people' the biggest cinema audience in the UK. This further justifies a deliberate choice of making my thriller 12A. Distributors may be more inclined to take on my movie, if they think it can make money and lowering the film rating is one of way of maximising profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment