Tuesday 29 April 2014

PHOTO ZOOM TEST

One of my transitions that I know will be hard to complete is the transition that enters the newspaper and ends up in the lake where the drowning is happening. It will involve superimposing and then attaching the two shots together in AfterEffects. In order to practice this shot I decided to trial it using a standard digital camera. I recorded myself entering a room and took a recording of a picture on the wall. I then replaced the picture on the wall with the first frame of my video. This will mirror how I transition from the man sitting with the newspaper in his hand to the drowning in the lake.

Below is the practice shot:












Evaluating this shot: This shot achieves what I plan to do in my final product, but requires some improving. Firstly, the footage is far from brilliant , I didn't factor in lighting but the focus of this practise was the editing of the transition itself. I have also decided that it would be more dramatic and more effective if I slow down the 'zoom' into the newspaper based on this practice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment